Saturday, September 25, 2004

Night Sky

Laying;
Head against my pillow,
I watch as dark clouds of the blackest ink
Roll across the moonlit sky.

Intertwining;
The ink clouds stretch and twist,
Forming grotesque abstractions that
Will terrorise my mind later.

Shining;
From behind the clouds, the moon
Tears through the ink and assaults the
Cornea with pinpoint precision.

Squinting;
I turn away and suffocate myself
Until I have suffered enough, then I decide
I should probably take a walk.

Walking;
Down cobbled streets where
Old men cooked pies during the waking
Hours, time was seemingly standing still.

Breathing;
Softly as the sand I stepped on,
Forever leaving my mark on the earth but
Only for a short while.

Coughing;
Sea air fills my lungs and I'm
Not used to anything like it, however I
pull my collar up and breath slower.

Watching;
Ink rolls over water and I feel
Like I'm in school again, the innocence
Of youth is recaptured for an instant.

Dreaming;
That you were here. Sublime as
I feel alone, your hand in mine would
Warm my heart, and hand.

No comments: