Thursday, July 14, 2005

Synergism

My soul was strewn across the page,
yet nothing had been said,
The silence turned my gaze inward,
my fragmented mind there to be read.
The wrath was warm, and damp,
and still - a tiger tethered fast,
Striped emotions: dead and alive -
life's duality - first and last.
Still comes the languid curtain call,
our make-up smudged and garish.
Mascara streams down our faces; I've never
seen such beauty, but I wish, oh how I wish
the veil would disintegrate,
skeletal clarity etched on your retinae;
Sight and sound meld as one;
solar-flared sonic booms concuss our lungs;
fire for hire.
Modesty forced and synergy coaxed;
binds start to chafe,
Struggling to break this beautiful bondage,
100% cotton bites into our skin - the
mind's eye inverted, time to die...
...And death is release and the heat makes us shrink.
Inversion, coersion, dispersion,
goodbye.


author of inline stanzas: jen bolton

No comments: